Monday, January 5, 2009

2 weeks old

Mary Katherine turned 2 weeks on Jan 2nd! I can't believe it was 2 weeks ago that I was @ the hospital in labor.
We went to the pediatrician's and the NP said she looked great! She was a whopping 7lbs 14oz and 21 inches long.
She's been more active and alert (awake atleast 2x times during the day for 30 minutes periods). Mary Katherine is quite the vocal girl making all kinds of noises: talking, whining, burping (loudly), and gas explosions. She is not sleeping so great @ night yet, but it's a work in progress!
Dan left on the 3rd for Texas so now I am adjusting to caring for the newborn on my own (with the help of my mother!). I definitely miss him being here to help out with Mary Katherine and spending time with us.
I'd have to say that I'm doing pretty well. I actually leave the house on time to be somewhere and I'm not late (by my standards!). When we are hanging out @ home, I don't get much done besides feeding her but that's Ok. We've been on more than a few outings and so far she is pretty easy to tote around~ I know that will change soon though!

More pictures to come~ I'm working on it!

No comments: